I suggest you ... (one idea per suggestion)

Add a "Select All That Apply" question type in Assessments.

There is one simple request that I have been hearing from a lot of teachers. They would like the ability to do multiple correct answers in multiple choice questions. (ex: pick the two that are the most correct, select all that apply, etc)

108 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bryfalconbryfalcon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow multiple correct answers for exams (select all that apply)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add an optional response in multiple choice answers: "check all that apply"  ·   · 
    Alex DuggerAlex Dugger shared a merged idea: add "Check All that Apply" questions.  ·   · 

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, the addition of different question types including a multiple select option would be fantastic!

• Erin FlesherErin Flesher commented  · 

It would be wonderful to have the multiple select option in the Haiku test. It will better prepare our students for up coming state assessments.

• gillis.tigillis.ti commented  · 

I agree, adding this type of question would make me go back to using Haiku for assessments. Haiku, please consider this request!

• theevilaunttheevilaunt commented  · 

Our tech coaches have been getting the same request from teachers, as they feel this feature would be particularly useful for preparing students for end-of-year online summative tests from the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium.

• Haiku TeamAdminHaiku Team (Admin, Haiku Learning) commented  · 

Thank you for your suggestion!

We've sent this on to our internal Assess and Engage team, who have been investigating this and other improvements to our current Assessment tools. This use case is really helpful to have, and we'll be sure to update this suggestion as things progress.

Thanks!

The Haiku Learning team

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is called level of confidence. If I assign A - D as possible answers for a given question, students could apply 4 points to one answer (based on their level of confidence of which IS the correct answer), 3 and 1 to two answers, 2 and 2 to two answers, or 1 point for each A, B, C, D. Rather than all or nothing, partial credit is important especially if students are allowed to retake quizzes, tests, etc.

So for instance, I give a 4 point 'after a presentation / lecture quiz, the total points would be worth 16. Since I use a 0 - 4 point grading system, I just simply put the ?/16 into the grade book, change the total score for the quiz to 4 and Haiku grade book automatically makes the adjustment and I am finished.

• Debbie GrieveDebbie Grieve commented  · 

Is there any news on this possible development being added to the roadmap?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with these comments. It would help me to have the ability to put multiple correct answers on a test, especially in science where I want to know if my students know all of the elements that make up an item.

• Debbie GrieveDebbie Grieve commented  · 

This is a highly critical development item for us. It was save hours of manual assessment and gradebook entry using third party tools.

• K. ReissK. Reiss commented  · 

I also find it limiting to only only allow a single multiple choice answer.

• RTRT commented  · 

Just want to add in here that I have not used haiku to its potential, I have not done online assessments since the beginning of the year since when I was these issues were arising, I understand that it takes some time but I would like these up by summertime so that I can set up my classes for next year

• Shawn ClaryShawn Clary commented  · 

Could not agree more. Add this functionality.

• bryfalconbryfalcon commented  · 

Agreed. We also have a short list of additional question types that we want to add including multiple fill in the blank and hot zone images.

• tmediaguytmediaguy commented  · 

Come on guys, this should be an easy one. Some times you just don't want all your questions of this sort to be negative, that is, for example: "Which of the following is not an example of irony in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?"
        -- I would like to be able to have a list from which students might instead: "Select from the following descriptions from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein those which show irony." This flexibility would be helpful. TMEDIAGUY

Feedback and Knowledge Base