I suggest you ... (one idea per suggestion)

add Multiple Answer Multiple-Choice

There is one simple request that I have been hearing from a lot of teachers. They would like the ability to do multiple correct answers in multiple choice questions. (ex: pick the two that are the most correct, select all that apply, etc)

104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bryfalconbryfalcon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add an optional response in multiple choice answers: "check all that apply"  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, the addition of different question types including a multiple select option would be fantastic!

• Erin FlesherErin Flesher commented  · 

It would be wonderful to have the multiple select option in the Haiku test. It will better prepare our students for up coming state assessments.

• gillis.tigillis.ti commented  · 

I agree, adding this type of question would make me go back to using Haiku for assessments. Haiku, please consider this request!

• theevilaunttheevilaunt commented  · 

Our tech coaches have been getting the same request from teachers, as they feel this feature would be particularly useful for preparing students for end-of-year online summative tests from the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is called level of confidence. If I assign A - D as possible answers for a given question, students could apply 4 points to one answer (based on their level of confidence of which IS the correct answer), 3 and 1 to two answers, 2 and 2 to two answers, or 1 point for each A, B, C, D. Rather than all or nothing, partial credit is important especially if students are allowed to retake quizzes, tests, etc.

So for instance, I give a 4 point 'after a presentation / lecture quiz, the total points would be worth 16. Since I use a 0 - 4 point grading system, I just simply put the ?/16 into the grade book, change the total score for the quiz to 4 and Haiku grade book automatically makes the adjustment and I am finished.

• Debbie GrieveDebbie Grieve commented  · 

Is there any news on this possible development being added to the roadmap?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with these comments. It would help me to have the ability to put multiple correct answers on a test, especially in science where I want to know if my students know all of the elements that make up an item.

• Debbie GrieveDebbie Grieve commented  · 

This is a highly critical development item for us. It was save hours of manual assessment and gradebook entry using third party tools.

• K. ReissK. Reiss commented  · 

I also find it limiting to only only allow a single multiple choice answer.

• RTRT commented  · 

Just want to add in here that I have not used haiku to its potential, I have not done online assessments since the beginning of the year since when I was these issues were arising, I understand that it takes some time but I would like these up by summertime so that I can set up my classes for next year

• Shawn ClaryShawn Clary commented  · 

Could not agree more. Add this functionality.

• bryfalconbryfalcon commented  · 

Agreed. We also have a short list of additional question types that we want to add including multiple fill in the blank and hot zone images.

• tmediaguytmediaguy commented  · 

Come on guys, this should be an easy one. Some times you just don't want all your questions of this sort to be negative, that is, for example: "Which of the following is not an example of irony in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?"
        -- I would like to be able to have a list from which students might instead: "Select from the following descriptions from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein those which show irony." This flexibility would be helpful. TMEDIAGUY

Feedback and Knowledge Base